Saturday, March 02, 2013

child hood memories

Some child hood memories:

Until higher secondary education, i had no specific interest in watching particular movies or songs.. of course one reason is we had no television in my home - it happened like that. So, to me and to my family very little interest over movies or entertainment. but some part of this is compensated by reading some novels, books, engaged in playing activities.

During my school days, we used to have tut ions after the school hours - one girl of my class will never come on time (our homes are near-by and used to go all-together). We had to wait at her home until she finished watching some of her favorite movie trailers - one such movie is "Gulabi". the movie has great songs, i realized very lately. Myself and my friends were so frustrated waiting  for her and could not find out why she is so obsessed with the movie and songs of that movie - i missed those moments, whatever is the reason first impression is the best one.


the other similar situation had happened with the movie - Gitanjali by Mani ratnam. During those days our neighbors bring VCD's and play during Sundays. Of all movies myself and my sister request my neighbor girl(we call her "akka" - elder sister) to play "Jagadeka veerudu athiloka sundari" - one of the greatest movie of all time in Telugu industry, a nice movie to watch by children at all times. But she used to play Gitanjali several times. i had to watch this movie "Gitanjali" with patience so that she will play the other one after she is bored with "Gitanjali" . no action, and the movie is very dull to my brain. I could not follow one song in "Gitanjali" - "ohh priya priya" - my brain is so small and absolutely no idea why the song is so sad and is so different from the context. Anyways, again this is another nice moment and missed great first experiences of such movies and songs in my child hood. of course age and exposure (circumstances) make difference.

Now, i am a different person :)







No comments: